Last Updated: May 8, 2021
Evaluate Topco Limited (company number 10333734) and its group companies, and subsidiaries, including Bioscience Advisers Inc., ("Evaluate", "we", "us" or "our") are committed to protecting the privacy of our clients, potential clients and users of our website. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience. We will ensure that the information you submit to us, or which we collect, via various channels (including our website, through written correspondence (including e-mail), or through any of our offices or websites globally) is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
Right to Object: You have a legal right to object at any time to:
- use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes; and
- processing of your personal information which is based on our legitimate interests, unless there are compelling legitimate ground for our continued processing.
1. Online Privacy Practices
This website (www.bioscidb.com), ("the Site") is operated by Evaluate Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales, company registration number 5876322, whose registered office is located at One Silk Street, London EC2Y 8HQ, UK ("the Company").
We are keen to strike a fair balance between your personal privacy and ensuring that you obtain full value from the products and services ("the Services") that we may provide to you.
The Company is registered with the Information Commissioner as a data controller, with registration number Z9730905.
2. The Information We Collect
In some areas of our website ("the Site"), we ask you to register and thereby provide personal information. When you do so, we ask you to give us your name, email address, company or affiliation, department, job title and other personal information for the purpose of supplying the Services to you.
Where your employer has contracted with us to supply the Services to you, they may provide the personal information we need to register you.
We collect statistical information about browsing actions and patterns in order to improve our products, and to personalise and improve the Site's user experience. This includes aggregated statistical information, which does not identify you.
We also collect statistical information about browsing actions and patterns which can be associated with specific users, including the pages on the website that you visit and the functionality of the services of which you make use.
We don't collect information on the content of any documents that you create or generate through the Site (such as Excel reports, pdf reports, etc).
If you provide us with a testimonial about our products and services, we may collect the following information about you with your consent: your name; your job title; your employer's name and your photograph. These will be used as part of your testimonial for the purposes of publicising our programs, services and/or products.
3. How we use your Personal Information
The information you provide will be kept confidential. We will hold, use and disclose your personal information for our legitimate business purposes including:
- to identify you and authenticate your use when you visit the Site;
- to provide our Services to you as a user of the Site, including enhancing your user experience;
- to provide you with newsletters, special offers, information of relevant content or features of the Site to help you make the most of our Services and for related marketing purposes. We will only do so if you have submitted your contact details to us for these purposes or otherwise provided your consent;
- to notify you about changes to our service and/or the Site;
- to advise you of news and industry updates, events, promotions and competitions;
- where you have provided us with a testimonial, to publicise our programs, services and/or products;
- to fulfil contractual obligations with our clients;
- to provide further services to you by sharing your personal information with other companies within our Group of companies as well as trusted third parties. Further details about this are set out in the separate section below on Sharing your Personal Information; and
- to release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if we are required or permitted to do so.
On each occasion that we send you a newsletter or marketing information, you will be given the choice to opt-out.
4. The Legal Basis for Processing your Personal Information
Under GDPR, the main grounds that we reply upon in order to process personal information of our users are the following:
- Necessary for entering into, or performing, a contract – in order to perform obligations that we undertake in providing a service to you, or in order to take steps at your request to enter into a contract with us, it will be necessary for us to process your personal data;
- Necessary for compliance with a legal obligation – we are subject to certain legal requirements which may require us to process your personal data. We may also be obliged by law to disclose your personal data to a regulatory body or law enforcement agency;
- Necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests – either we, or a third party, will need to process your personal data for the purposes of our (or a third party's) legitimate interests, provided we have established that those interests are not overridden by your rights and freedoms, including your right to have your personal data protected. Our legitimate interests include responding to requests and enquiries from you or a third party, optimising our website and customer experience, informing you about our products and services and ensuring that our operations are conducted in an appropriate and efficient manner;
- Consent – in some circumstances, we may ask for your consent to process your personal data in a particular way.
5. How we share your Personal Information
In certain circumstances we will share your personal information with other parties. Details of those parties are set out below along with the reasons for sharing it.
Transfer of Information outside the EEA
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, we are required to tell you if we transfer or intend to transfer information which we hold on you to countries outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). We currently transfer such information outside the EEA in the following circumstances:
- where you have registered or subscribed to the Services, to members of our Group of companies operating in countries outside the EEA to enable them to inform you of changes or enhancements to the Site or the products or services which we offer; and
- to servers which are currently located in the USA but which may in the future be located in another country outside the EEA.
A full list of the companies in our Group outside of the EEA and their locations can be found here.
We apply equal rigour to the security of data held and processed by us or on our behalf outside of the EEA. We have taken steps to ensure that our subsidiaries and affiliates and those who process data on our behalf enter into the standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, to safeguard the personal information which is transferred to and from the European Economic Area and beyond.
Because our servers are located in the USA, transfer of all our data outside the EEA is necessary to enable us to operate the Site. To the extent that any personal information is provided to third parties outside the EEA, or who will access the information from outside the EEA, we take steps to ensure that approved safeguards are in place, such as the approved standard contractual clauses or the EU/US Privacy Shield.
Trusted Third Parties
We will only share your personal information with trusted third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you have requested or for our legitimate business purposes, such as IT or professional support services.
We may share information with your employer where they provide your subscription in order for them to understand how you use the subscription.
Regulatory and Law Enforcement Agencies
As noted above, if we receive a request from a regulatory body or law enforcement agency, and if permitted under GDPR and other laws, we may disclose certain personal information to such bodies or agencies.
New business owners
If we or our business merges with or is acquired by another business or company, we will share your personal information with the new owners of the business or company and their advisors. If this happens, we will notify you of such event.
How long we will hold your information
In particular, we will store certain categories of your personal information for the following periods of time:
|Category of Personal Data
|Storage time period
|Marketing data on customers and prospective customers
|User login and account information to provide access to our services
|Length of contract plus 2 years
|Customer contacts for accounts and invoicing purposes. We are legally obliged to keep these for contract length plus 6 years.
|Length of contract plus 6 years
|Customer contacts for sales and quotations purposes
|Website and email usage and analytics data
|Customer feedback on our services
|Customer contacts for the provision of support and training
|Customer feedback on our services (including testimonials)
We only track users' behaviour on our Site and we do not have access to your behaviour on other websites other than in relation to how you were referred to the Site (e.g. through another site or a search term).
Other websites which provide information about cookies and allow you to manage your privacy can be found at www.aboutads.info or optout.networkadvertising.org for US-based users and www.youronlinechoices.eu for users in the EU.
We respect your information and have put in place measures to ensure the security of the information we collect and store about you. We are committed to protecting your personal data from unauthorised disclosure and/or access including through the use of network and database security measures (though these cannot always guarantee the security of any data which is collected and stored).
8. Your rights on the information we hold about you
You have certain rights in relation to personal information we hold about you. Details of these rights and how to exercise them are set out below. We will require evidence of your identity before we are able to act on your request.
Right of Access
You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the personal information about you that we hold. Where we have good reason, and if the GDPR permits, we can refuse your request for a copy of your personal information, or certain elements of the request. If we refuse your request or any element of it, we will provide you with our reasons for doing so.
Right of Correction or Completion
If personal information we hold about you is not accurate, out of date or incomplete, you have a right to have the data rectified, updated or completed. You can let us know by contacting us.
Right of Erasure
In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that personal information we hold about you is erased e.g. if the information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or processed or our processing of the information is based on your consent and there are no other legal grounds on which we may process the information.
Right to object to or restrict processing
In certain circumstances, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal information by contacting us. For example, if we are processing your information on the basis of our legitimate interests and there are no compelling legitimate grounds for our processing which override your rights and interests. You also have the right to object to use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
You may also have the right to restrict our use of your personal information, such as in circumstances where you have challenged the accuracy of the information and during the period where we are verifying its accuracy.
Right of Data Portability
In certain instances, you have a right to receive any personal information that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
You can ask us to transmit that information to you or directly to a third party organisation.
The above right exists only in respect of personal information that:
- you have provided to us previously; and
- is processed by us using automated means.
While we are happy for such requests to be made, we are not able to guarantee technical compatibility with a third party organisation's systems. We are also unable to comply with requests that relate to personal information of others without their consent.
You can exercise any of the above rights by contacting us using any of the methods in the Contact section below.
Most of the above rights are subject to limitations and exceptions. We will provide reasons if we are unable to comply with any request for the exercise of your rights.
To the extent that we are processing your personal information based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can do this by using the details in the Contact section below.
If you are unhappy about our use of your personal information, you can contact us using the details in the Contact section below. You are also entitled to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner's Office using any of the below contact methods:
0303 123 1111
Information Commissioner's Office
If you live or work outside the UK or you have a complaint concerning our activities outside the UK, you may prefer to lodge a complaint with a different supervisory authority.
11. Other websitesPlease note that clicking on links and banner advertisements on our websites can result in your browser accessing a third party website, where data privacy practise are different to that of Evaluate.
We are not responsible for, and have no control over, information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties and you should consult their privacy policies.
12. Internet based transfers
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site via third party networks; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
14. Further Information on Data Protection and Personal Privacy
If you have any enquiries or if you would like to contact us about our processing of your personal information, including to exercise your rights as outlined above, please contact us centrally by any of the methods below.
When you contact us, we will ask you to verify your identity.
+44 207 377 0800
+44 207 539 1801
One Silk Street,
Evaluate Limited is a company registered in England & Wales, Company Registration no. 5876322, registered office at One Silk Street, London EC2Y 8HQ, UK.